- FAQ -
Who's a good candidate for Cryoskin?
- The best candidates for Cryoskin are healthy individuals who are at their ideal body weight (or close to it), but still have problem areas that they'd like to target.
You should NOT do any type of Cryoskin if you have:
- Severe Raynaud's Syndrome
- Severe Allergy to Cold
- Progressive Diseases (such as: MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Neuropathy)
- Irremovable body piercings in the treatment area
- Implants in the treatment area
- Active Cancer
- Lymphatic Disorders
- Severe Kidney and Liver Disease
- Uncontrolled Diabetes and Diabetes-related complications.
You should NOT get a CryoFacial if you have:
- Used Botox less than one month ago. You must wait at least 1 month.
- Used Fillers less than three months ago. You must wait at least 3 months.
Are there any risks?
- The risks concern only people with contraindications mentioned above and remain minor and temporary.
What are the side effects?
- Sometimes localized redness that disappears within a few hours.
- Sometimes delayed onset muscle soreness that rarely exceeds 2 to 3 hours.
- There may be some itching without consequences and often due to the reactions of certain cosmetic products used by clients. Hence it is best not to use anything on your skin before the treatment. Some products can crystallize to the cold and cause discomfort.
- It is also normal after CryoSlimming sessions for clients to experience increased urination and/or change in urine color or smell.
How often can the treatments be done?
CryoSlimming treatments can be done every 2 weeks. There is a physiological reason for this: when apoptosis occurs and some fat cells die, waste is formed. This will be eliminated by natural routes (blood, lymphatic system, and then urine). Metabolism must therefore beallowed to evacuate this waste without overloading the circuits.
CryoToning treatments can be done once a week.
How long is each treatment?
- CryoSlimming sessions are generally around 34 minutes.
- CryoToning sessions are 30 minutes.
- CryoFacial sessions are 20 minutes.
Why can't you eat sugar for 2 hours before or after a CryoSlimming session?
- To get the best results following a Cryoskin session, you should not eat any sugar for a minimum of 2 hours before and after your session.
- Sugar is a strong power source for fat cells. It’s brings energy back to the fat cells that we're trying to destroy.
- If you eat sugar, the apoptosis effect will be less efficient and could even be canceled all together.
- When we talk about sugar, we're referring to all kind of sugars, like slow sugar (pasta, rice, bread, cereals, fruit, alcohol) and, of course, fast-acting sugar.
- If possible, the client could avoid all kind of sugar and carbs for 4-5 hours before and after a CryoSlimming session, but it’s a maximum. 2 hours is the usual recommended time to get results.
Do you have to avoid sugar and carbs if you're doing a CryoToning session?
- No. We recommend avoiding sugar for a healthy lifestyle in general, but having it before/after your CryoToning session will not affect it. However, it is a known fact that sugar worsens the appearance of cellulite.